Our neighbour, Chef Dai of Fukasaku in Prince Rupert has shared his recipe for one of his most popular scallop dishes. Simple and so delicious!
1) Shuck the Great Bear Scallops, clean shells and put shells aside.
2) Cut each scallop into about 6 cubes. Include the sliced mantle and roe, if desired.
3) Heat a small saute pan on the stove over medium heat.
4) Add butter, sake and scallops to the pan, stir to mix well and cover with lid.
5) Cook for one minute and remove lid.
6) Turn heat to high, add soy sauce, stir and let the liquid concentrate a little bit.
7) Spoon scallop mixture onto one clean shell and garnish with chopped green onion and lemon wedge.
8) Itadakimasu! (bon appetit in Japanese!)